How to use the Vivint Smart Hub in your Phoenix smart home
The Vivint Smart Hub is the center of your security system as it connects your cameras, security sensors, thermostats, and locks into one unified system. This easy-to-operate, 7-inch color touchscreen places you in full command of your Phoenix home’s automation and security. Get a better idea of what it can do and find tips to get you started.
How can you benefit from the Vivint Smart Hub in Phoenix?
Wirelessly connecting to components through radio wave signals and Z-Wave communications, the Vivint Smart Hub is the central command interface for your residence. You can arm your system, operate lights, update the thermostat, and more. If adding a doorbell camera, you may even talk to visitors standing at your door. The Vivint Smart Hub features cellular capability and a backup battery to ensure reliable performance. It also gives you total remote access and control with the Vivint mobile app.
Here are some of the duties you can carry out:
- Review real-time or recorded video streams from all linked surveillance cameras
- Arm or disarm your home security
- Turn lights on or off
- Operate your garage door
- Change your thermostat’s temperature
- Talk directly to your monitoring center
You can boost convenience even more with your Vivint Smart Hub in Phoenix by setting schedules or establishing rules. For instance, you can have your smart thermostat automatically adjust every night at a specified time. Or, you can add rules like having your doors unlock when the smoke alarm goes off.
Quick guide to arming and disarming your security system
Before you delve into all the terrific things your Vivint Smart Hub can accomplish, you’ll need to understand how to arm and disarm your security. It’s simple - just abide by these steps:
- Tap the shield icon on the main screen and slide to the right for “Away” and left for “Stay.”
- Stay indicates you will still be present inside your home and arms everything excluding interior doors and motion sensors.
- Away signifies you will be away, and each sensor in your home will arm.
- To disarm, simply slide the shield icon down and type in your PIN.
You’ll see a notification if the system isn’t ready to arm. For example, an open window or door will prompt you to take action. It’s worth noting that you are still able to arm the system by adhering to the steps above. You will then need to verify you would like to ignore the sensor in question.
Add or remove users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Phoenix
Despite the fact that multiple users can be entered when you first get your system, you will likely want to add or remove a user in the future. Here’s how you can.
- Press the menu icon (three dots) near the bottom right-hand side of the home screen.
- Touch “Users” and enter your PIN.
- Choose “Add new user” at the bottom.
- Tap “Name,” type in the the name you want to use, and press the Next button.
- If you would like to provide the user remote functionality, tap phone or email and enter the info to send an invite.
- Touch Next and then enter a PIN for the added user.
- To take out a user, just navigate to the menu, touch users, choose the user you would like to delete, and then select “Delete User.”
Add security and convenience to your home with Vivint
Do you want to take charge of your home’s security and automation via an easy-to-use touchscreen dashboard? You’ll appreciate the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Phoenix smart home. Contact (602) 755-6051 to get started.