Daily deliveries have become standard for many homeowners as a result of the shift to online shopping. You appreciate the convenience of having packages dropped in front of your door, but there is a downside. Those parcels sitting in plain sight are enticements to potential crooks. Porch piracy is a real problem, but you can take action against it by ordering a doorbell camera as part of your home’s security. These devices are great tools to deter porch pirates, but they provide a lot more.
Take a moment to find out how they work and why there’s a good chance they’ll become an integral aspect of your smart home.
Perks of a Phoenix video doorbell
Manufactured in both wired and wireless options, video doorbells provide a great number of sophisticated features, and the technology continues to progress. You are now able to customize detection zones, communicate with people in front of your door, and get instant alerts whenever an item is dropped off.
The easiest way to see how a Phoenix video doorbell camera works is to explore the numerous perks it gives you. Take a look at these features:
- Active crime deterrents: You can’t find this on all models, but there are several smart video doorbells that take an active role in discouraging theft with audible and visual warnings. This is a great way to let porch pirates know that you are watching.
- Wide angle camera view: You deserve to see the complete picture, and that consists of the faces of individuals on your porch and packages on the ground. Video doorbells with superior 180-degree field of vision offer a complete perspective.
- Vivid footage any time of day: If you don’t have images that are easy to see, what’s the point of installing a doorbell camera? Leading models will provide exceptional HDR resolution and night vision.
- Delivery alerts: Would you appreciate knowing when a package is delivered? You are able to get automatic alerts from video doorbells that are able to differentiate between individuals and packages.
- Converse with the person at your door: Is a person lingering at your main entry? Two-way audio gives you the chance to find out their purpose for being there. You could even utilize this helpful feature to frighten off people loitering around your porch.
- Avoid false alarms: Top doorbell cameras will even allow you to set up your own detection zones. Clearly defining the area to be viewed will allow you to minimize false alarms caused by pedestrians or pets.
- Instant video access: A video doorbell configured into your smart home provides you the chance to see current and recorded video directly from your phone’s security app.
Video doorbells keep you linked to your home like you’ve never been before, as you may engage with them from the palm of your hand, no matter your location. They’ll alert you when a visitor arrives, give you a sightline into what’s going on, and even permit you to communicate with the individual at your door. They’ve turned into must-haves in terms of safety and convenience.